Saturday, June 23, 2012

theBalm Stainaic Review



theBalm Stainaic in Beauty Queen

This is one of the products I was very excited to get in my both my Birchbox Welcome box, and my June Birchbox. I tried it as both a cheek and lip stain and I prefer it as a cheek stain only.

 As a lip stain it goes on very true to color but after a few minutes it starts to fade and most of the color migrated to the outside of my lips. I did use the "top coat" portion of my Covergirl Outlast All-Day Color on top to make it look more like a gloss, but that didn't keep it from fading. It may have contributed a little color to my lips but not anymore than my normal gloss. When it comes to it being a cheek stain it blew me away, at least when I use it without foundation. I loved the way it looked on my makeup free face it gave me just enough color without it looking like too much. I tried to use it on top of my makeup but it ended up too bright and not looking very good. I recently tried it underneath my foundation and I still had a noticeable amount of color on my cheeks. Overall I love this as a cheek stain and I plan on buying it in the other colors when I have the chance. It will definitely be in my carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment