Thursday, June 28, 2012

Likewise Facial Moisturizer + Sun Protectant Review

Likewise Facial Moisturizer + Sun Protectant SPF 50 Normal to Oily


Since it is summertime in Texas using sunscreen everyday is very important whether you are outside all day or just going to check the mail. My mother has skin issues like rosacea and skin cancer I have to be very careful with my sun exposure. At first I thought this was the answer to my prayers when it comes to sunscreen for my face, but no it left me disappointed just like every other sunscreen.

I thought maybe it would keep that slight oily feeling at bay since it was for normal to oily skin but it doesn't. It does absorb but not as quickly as I need it to since I use it under my mineral makeup. I have been using it in place of my moisturizer for a few days but my moisturizer usually keeps my oil under control but this wasn't helping too much. Another complaint is the size of the sample, I am using it for the third day now and it is almost to the point where I don't know how much more I can get out of it. I held it up to the light and I can get 2 or 3 more uses out of it but that's it. I will finish it but at $44 for the full size of little over an ounce of product I will stick with my Julep sunscreen ($28 for 3oz.) or even my new Neutrogena sunscreen ($9 for 3oz.)

One nice thing about it is it didn't cause me to have any extra breakouts so that is a plus. I guess it does its job as a moisturizer, but I have well over a years supply of my favorite moisturizer so this won't replace it.

Final opinion is no, I won't be buying this but I will finish it but at $44 for the full size of little over an ounce of product I will stick with my Julep sunscreen ($28 for 3oz.) or even my new Neutrogena sunscreen ($9 for 3oz.)

No comments:

Post a Comment