Friday, June 22, 2012

Birchbox Haul

This month was my three month anniversary with Birchbox and they sent me an email with a code for 20% off my next purchase. After much debating I caved and ordered a few things, to make things easier on my wallet I applied my 300 Birch box points to the order.

Here is my haul:



Japonesque Brush Set Touch Up Tube Eye Set Silver
Full Size Price: $16.00















Japonesque Manicure Set: Black
Full Size Price: $25.50

















Laura Geller Retractable Baked Powder Brush
Full Size Price: $15.00







This order normally would have cost $56.50 but after my discount and points it came to $15.20. I got most of these because I needed travel size items to take with me during the move to Germany.

My first impression of the Japonesque mini brushes was they are small! I measured the brushes and they are only 3 inches tall and the case is about 3 1/4 inches tall. I am hoping to use a couple of the brushes everyday. This set includes an angled brow brush, flat eyeliner brush, fluffy shadow brush, and an eye smudger brush. The one thing that disappointed me about this set is that there is nothing inside the tube to keep the brushes from rattling around. I plan to do something about that but it would have been nice for that to be included. I had one other travel brush set that had a foam insert that each brush went into.

I was kind of blown away by the manicure set because I wasn't expecting the black case to be such nice quality it stays closed with a magnets on each side so it wont accidentally open. this set includes tweezers, nail clippers, nail nippers, nail & cuticle scissors, and a combination nail file, grooming tool and nail scoop. This is set was well worth my $15 I plan on using it almost every time I do my nails.


Now I have been on the look out for a retractable brush and since I was already buying stuff from Birchbox I ordered this brush. It is incredibly soft, it is softer than my bareMinerals brush which is nice. The only thing I don't like is that the entire handle and case is metal, it is cheap aluminum and I don't like that. I would have preferred to have it housed in plastic because I don't want the possibility of water sitting in metal after cleaning the brush. Now this brush retracts differently then what I expected, instead of twisting and the brush coming up you pull it open and push down the metal tube around the bristles. When you are done you just pull up the tube and put the cap back on and push down. The bristles don't get caught like it claims. I did notice that the brush is made in China so here is to hoping that the brush lasts a while.





No comments:

Post a Comment