Monday, June 18, 2012

Birchbox Welcome Box-June

Since I am moving in the next couple of months I wanted to stock up on Birchbox samples so I ordered another 3 month gift subscription. Gift subscriptions work like this you can get 3, 6, or 12 month subscription for someone, including yourself. With each gift sub they send out a welcome box with that months items and some all time favorites. This time I got a bunch of stuff I love and will use as soon as I allow myself.
Here is what I got:
MircodermaMitt Denizia Olive Oil Soap
Sample Size: 6.3 oz. 
Full Size: 6.3 oz.
Full Size Value: $14.00
Sample Value: $14.00

Masqueology Pore Minimizing Mask 
Sample Size: 1 mask
Full Size: 3 masks
Full Size Value: $24.00
Sample Value: $8.00

Juliette Has A Gun Not A Perfume
Sample Size: 2 ml.
Full Size: 50 ml.
Full Size Value: $85.00
Sample Value: $3.40

Band-Aid Brand Adhesive Bandages by Cynthia Rowley
Sample Size: 20 Band-Aids
Full Size: 40 Band-Aids
Full Size Value: $11.00 *
Sample Value: $2.53 *

theBalm cosmetics Stainiac
Sample Size: 0.04 oz.
Full Size: .3 oz.
Full Size Value: $17.00
Sample Value: $2.26 

Overall Box Value: $30.19

I was pleasantly surprised that this box included a full sized item. I love natural soaps and this olive oil soap is 100% natural, hopefully this doesn't dry out my skin like most bar soaps (it claims it doesn't). One of the items that I didn't get in this months box that I really wanted to try was the Masqueology pore minimizing mask so this was a nice surprise to get. Hopefully it works a little bit so it will be worth the $24 price tag. I laughed when I opened the box and saw the Band-Aids because I had bought these exact ones last week when they didn't come in my box. I was planning on hoarding the band-aids for my move but now I won't have too. As much as I secretly hate getting perfume samples I really wanted to try this one. I was intrigued by just the name Not A Perfume, I actually like this one so I plan to use use it often. The only item that was a duplicate for me was the Stainiac. Now that I have two samples I can use one now and save the other for when I travel. This welcome box definitely did not disappoint me and if I was new to Birchbox this box would definitely create some high expectations. Since I have already been getting Birchbox for a couple of months now I know some boxes can be hit or miss for people and so far I have managed to make hits out of most of the items. 

*Birchbox has a bundle pack of Cynthia Rowley Band-Aids for $14 it includes 40 band-aids, 4 neosporin packets, and one vinyl zipper pouch. I bought the black box of band-aids from my local grocery store for $2.53 and I can't seem to justify the huge price tag that Birchbox placed on the bundle. So instead of calculating the "sample value" like I normally do, I used the price that I paid in store for them.

UPDATE: Birchbox just lowered the price for the band-aids to $11 

No comments:

Post a Comment