Thursday, March 14, 2013

Julep Mindy vs Jennifer

When I got my order with Jennifer I instantly thought it looked just like a color I got in my January Maven box. After pulling out Mindy I went ahead and swatched them, they both have some similarities but they are fairly different.

Top- Jennifer Bottom-Mindy

Both colors are suppose to be sheer but it was really hard for me to get a good application with either of these polishes. Mindy is less sheer than Jennifer and lighter in color. Both colors are pink and they can be made more opaque with more coats. 

Mindy- Porcelain pink sheer
Jennifer-Sheer soft pink crème


By the second coat Jennifer is still sheer enough to to see the nail line and it looked okay and probably didn't need a third. Mindy started getting opaque and I could barely see the nail line.

2 coats of each color
The third coat made Mindy completely opaque and Jennifer is almost opaque. After doing these swatches I realized I need to buy some nail wheels for my swatches so that the comparisons will be better.

3 coats of each color

No comments:

Post a Comment