Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Chuao Chocolate Review


Sweet & Salty
This flavor was just okay for me, I ate it but it wasn't special so it isn't as memorable as some others. It tasted like nice milk chocolate with a hint of salt.

Will I buy again? Maybe

Maple Bacon
At first I thought this was going to be a good one but I found myself almost gagging with the flavor. I did not get any maple flavor just overwhelming smoky, salty, nasty mess in dark chocolate.

Will I buy again? No

Potato Chip
This is the one flavor I have seen raved over by dozens of people but I just didn't see the why it is good. Imagine taking a kettle cooked potato chip and a piece of dark chocolate and putting both in your mouth at the same time. That is what it tasted like and I didn't like it one bit.

Will I buy again? No

Firecracker
This is by far my favorite of all that I have tried so far. I love the little hint of chipotle with the popping candy. This chocolate was so much fun to eat and I plan on ordering a full size bar in the future.

Will I buy again? Yes

Spicy Maya
This is sounded good and after I tried the Firecracker, but I was disappointed. The dark chocolate had way too much cinnamon in it and it overpowered the flavor of the chocolate. The chiles added some heat but if they added anything to the flavor I didn't notice.

Will I buy again? No

Honey Comb
This one was pleasant, the honey flavor was there but subtle and the crunchy bits were mixed in at a perfect ratio to the chocolate so that the flavors didn't really compete. This is one I plan on buying in the future.

Will I buy again? Yes

Salted Chocolate Crunch 
This is the second time I have tried this particular flavor and I am still on the fence about it. I love the breadcrumb texture but they don't seen to add much in the flavor department. The salt does add a little bit extra to it but other than the texture of the chocolate I wasn't too blown away.

Will I buy again? Maybe

No comments:

Post a Comment