Thursday, March 21, 2013

FTC Update and New Disclosure Policies

The FTC recently updated its policies for bloggers and I have been trying to figure out how to address these changes for my blog, hence the reason my posts haven't been updated for a while.

I came across several bloggers who have been trying to deal with new rules and this article by Beauty and Fashion Tech really summarizes the new changes really well. Basically I will need to post a disclosure at the beginning and the end of each post stating if I recieved the product to review from the company, if I purchased the product with my own money, if I am getting paid for the review etc, etc. Now I have to rewrite my disclosure policy and make some disclosure graphics that I can use in my posts. Please bear with me while I get this all sorted.

Thanks,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment