Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Fortune Cookie Summer Soap Box Review

Fortune Cookie Soap - Summer Soap Box



 Fortune Cookie Soap in Sand Dollar

I love this soap it is so cute I am afraid to actually use it. The scent is so good, it is described on the Fortune Cookie Soap website as peach with beach daisy. The peach really comes through but it isn't too strong.


 Flip Flop Bath Bomb in Private Beach

I am not picky when it comes to bath bombs but the scent of this one is a bit out there. It is a combination of pineapple and island jasmine, but to me and a few friends we all agree it smells like the candy stick from Fun Dip. The scent made me and my husband go out and by a bag of fun dip to compare, I was disappointed that the candy doesn't smell nearly as good as this bath bomb.

Sugar Fix in Sugar Britches 

I love, love, love this solid scrub! I wish I had more, yes the sample was small but I used it on my hands and of course LOVED IT! If I had the money to buy the full size I would, but I had to settle on just one or two products and this wasn't what I ordered. I love the fragrance it is watermelon and violet and very juicy.

 Hydrate Me! in Pool Party

This is another one of my favorites and I really want the full size of. Living in Texas my legs get really dry after I shave them so this really keeps them moisturized. I mentioned in my original post that this melted due to the heat and that is to be expected because it is filled with rich hydrating oils. It melts on my skin very easily and is easy to rub in without and lingering oiliness. There are some blue sparkles in it but they aren't noticeable on the skin. The scent is very sweet with a cool mint, I like this scent and I hope they keep it around for the next time I order full sized items.

Sparkle Me! in Beach Bunny

This was one item that I don't see me using very often but when I need some sparkle for a night out I see myself reaching for it. Since it won't get used often this is the perfect size. The sparkles are perfect if you want some sparkle but don't want to over do it with glitter. It is made microcrystalline mica so it is a very fine sparkle. At first when I smelled it I thought it was made with alcohol but it isn't it is a combination of  hydrating botanical extracts and vitamin B-5. The scent is very much like suntan lotion or coconut for those who don't know what suntan lotion smells like. I am not a fan of the scent but it isn't very strong once it has been on the skin for a while.

 Body Wash in Road Trip

I love the fact that I was able to get a body wash sample since I do use it over bar soap. The scent isn't my favorite out of the box but it won't keep me from using it. The scent is honeysuckle and lemon, but the honeysuckle over powers the lemon for me. I haven't had the chance to use it just yet because I am saving it for the trip to Germany.
 OCD Hand Sanitizer- Summer Sweet Tea

I am a hand sanitizer freak, I use it multiple times while I am out at the grocery store and restaurants. Since I use it so much this sample instantly got put in the packing pile for Germany, but not after smelling it. I am not a fan of the scent which is a green tea and pink lemonade combo. But I really don't care about the scent so long as it does what it is supposed to. My bottle didn't come with the normal cap but I am not complaining because most of the time I squeeze out too much so it will keep me from using too much product.
Dry Shampoo in Wish You Were Here and Sugar Britches

So I really, really need a dry shampoo but I was afraid of trying one and not liking it and then being out the money. So this sample was right up my alley. As you can see I bought the full size using my $10 code and I could not be any happier. I have a very oily scalp and the ends of my hair are very dry so this really helps keep the oil in control between showers. I do have to share my first attempt at using the sample with you because my friends thought it was hilarious. I went to tap a little out of the sample (I did find that holes in the sample are a little too large) and I dumped about a 1/4 of the sample all over my scalp, forehead, glasses, and my face. It was bad, I stood there looking like I had a decided to stick my face in my flour container. After cleaning up I managed to work the shampoo into my hair and I was ready to go. Now back to the sample the scent is a nice tropical scent of mango and tropical pikaki, I liked it so much that I want to get my full size in it too but they aren't making it in the full size. So I settled for another scent that I loved which was Sugar Britches, the same scent as the sugar scrub.

Whipped Cream in Pinky Swear

This is another one of those products that I fell in love with, but I am resisting temptation to use it. I like body butters and this one straight to the Germany pile. The scent is a mix of pink sugar, bubblegum, banana, and strawberry. I really liked this scent until I identified the banana, for those that don't know me I Hate Bananas! The smell, taste, and texture. I am able to pinpoint the smallest taste of banana in smoothies and food. Regardless of the banana scent I plan on using it mainly on my legs (as stated earlier I have dry skin on my legs) so the scent won't be close enough to my nose to really bother me much.

No comments:

Post a Comment