Wednesday, May 9, 2012

TRESemme Split Remedy Review

After trying to get my massive amount of long, thick, straight, damaged hair under control I contemplated cutting it all off. I thought twice about it and decided that it just needed some TLC. Just a little background on my hair and my hair care: I used to use the same 2-in-1 anti-dandruff shampoo as my husband to save money. I never conditioned my hair because my scalp would get really oily if I did. I rarely had the time to blow dry my hair so I would brush it a tiny bit and throw it up in a bun. I haven't cut my hair in over a year. I neglected my hair so much that at one time I started getting natural dreadlocks, this scared me a lot.

So I switched back to using my TRESemme Anti-Breakage Shampoo and a spray leave-in conditioner, but I ran out of my leave-in conditioner and I was on the look out for a new one. The next day I saw the TRESemme Split Remedy commercial and it was another sign telling me not to give up on my hair. The next outing out to grocery store I grab a bottle of TRESemme Split End Conditioning Treatment, not realizing it wasn't a spray (I found out later that my store didn't even carry the spray). That must have been one of the best mistakes I could have ever done for my hair.



 















 
I have used this leave-in conditioner now about 4 times now and the bottle claims that it reduces up to 80% of split ends after 3 uses. I am not sure how well it is working on the split ends but it is really helping make my hair soft and it is reducing the frizz that the I have from not cutting my hair. I have noticed that this leave-in conditioner does not weigh down my hair and there is no extra build up that I have to wash out. This is the longest I have ever had my hair and I am now really comfortable leaving my hair down and I try not to put it up in a bun as much. I am completely happy with this product and I am scared that when we move I won't be able to find it again. I am not sure how long this one bottle will last me because I use about 3 to 4 pumps in my hair verses the 2 to 3 pumps that the bottle recommends but once I figure it out I will stock up on enough to last our 2 to 3 years while we are overseas. Once I finish my current bottle of shampoo I plan on buying the Split Remedy Shampoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment