Thursday, November 1, 2012

Sally Hansen Happy Manicure Limited Edition Set- Gem Crush

Since moving to Germany I have been trying to keep an eye out on post for nail polish but there is a very limited selection. Then I noticed three little sets of mini polishes from Sally Hansen. I have been eyeballing them for about a week and I finally caved and bought one set. These little mini bottles are just so irresistible.

So tiny but so cute!

Sally Hansen has 8 colors in the Gem Crush collection so I am glad I can try out half the collection without committing to a full size bottle. I know these colors have been around for about a year but since I don't normally buy drug store polishes I hadn't seen these before.

On to the swatches!

Big Money is up first with gold micro glitter with larger light pink or light purple glitter. I found the formula to be fairly thin but it would be perfect as a glitter top coat or just by itself.

One Coat + Flash
Two Coats + Flash

Next up is Be-Jeweled with lavender purple micro-glitter with larger pink glitter.

One Coat + Flash

Two Coats + Flash
Bling-tastic is up next and with aqua colored glitter with hexagonal silver. I loved this in the bottle but was disappointed once I actually used it. The silver glitter was really hard to get out of the bottle and I was surprised that the aqua glitter wasn't fine at all. This will make a nice full coverage glitter with more coats.

One Coat + Flash
Two Coats + Flash
Lady Luck is the last color in this mini set and is a fuchsia micro-glitter with holographic larger glitter. I did only one coat but I would definitely need two coats to make it look better.

One Coat + Flash

Two Coats + Flash
Overall I really liked this set and I didn't have anything similar already in my collection. I plan on picking up the other two sets next time I walk down to the store and since they are only $3.99 I don't feel like I am wasting any money. 

 
One Coat + Flash
Two Coats +Flash

No comments:

Post a Comment